Disassembly

Home
Click on any photo for a larger view.

1/21/2010
I start the disassembly. Mostly because I had discovered the stuck gib in the knee/column and I had decided how I had to safely remove it. A detailed story of this gib removal if you click here. Anyway, I started by removing the table and saddle (and find that I still have a ton of cleaning to do). More pics than you probably want to see but some of it is documenting for me so I know how to put this stuff back later.

DSC00063.JPG (674376 bytes)  DSC00064.JPG (661712 bytes)  DSC00065.JPG (853711 bytes)  DSC00066.JPG (823382 bytes)  DSC00067.JPG (674753 bytes)  DSC00068.JPG (707994 bytes)  DSC00069.JPG (783752 bytes)  DSC00070.JPG (672242 bytes)  DSC00071.JPG (792528 bytes)  DSC00072.JPG (737325 bytes)  DSC00073.JPG (809946 bytes)  DSC00075.JPG (886838 bytes)  DSC00078.JPG (824051 bytes)  DSC00079.JPG (697412 bytes)  DSC00080.JPG (653855 bytes)  DSC00082.JPG (659207 bytes)  DSC00086.JPG (818142 bytes)  DSC00081.JPG (807490 bytes)

Next I removed the ram and turret

DSC00076.JPG (676321 bytes)  DSC00087.JPG (744355 bytes)  DSC00088.JPG (700978 bytes)  DSC00089.JPG (852058 bytes)  DSC00090.JPG (708159 bytes)  DSC00091.JPG (732370 bytes)  DSC00092.JPG (693766 bytes)  DSC00093.JPG (705283 bytes)

 

Now we're down to the column, knee, and knee screw.....on to removing the broken, stuck gib.....